Many considerations come into play when picking your ideal moving date. One topic often discussed among moving pros is whether peak moving season should be considered the optimal period to complete their move. National Movers explores this notion here with its pros and cons before providing insights that might help guide your decision and choice of moving company.
Understanding Peak Moving Season
Peak moving season typically occurs from late spring through early fall, with June through August being especially active for activity. Various factors account for this seasonal spike: firstly, favorable weather conditions make moving more comfortable and safer; secondly, families with young children often choose summer to avoid disrupting school year schedules; and finally, longer daylight hours provide ample time for moving tasks.
Moving During Peak Season Has Its Advantages
- Ideal Weather Conditions: Moving during peak season offers several advantages, including a beneficial climate. Pleasant temperatures and clear skies make moving more pleasant while decreasing the chances of delays caused by inclement conditions.
- Longer Days: Longer daylight hours give you more time to move efficiently, giving you enough daylight from morning until late evening for better time management and time management of the move.
- Accessing Local Movers: With peak moving season fast approaching, local movers and moving companies may become in high demand. This indicates an active industry filled with experts ready to assist with any aspect of the move. This is positive: increased availability means an increasingly efficient industry ready to assist your move from start to finish.
- Easier Home Sales: Selling your home may be made simpler during peak moving season. Many homebuyers find summer to be ideal weather for house hunting!
- Garage Sales and Donations: With so many people moving at this time of year, selling or donating unwanted items may prove easier than before. Demand for secondhand furniture and household goods increases during this peak moving season.
Consider The Cons of Moving during Peak Season
- High Demand and Higher Prices: Due to increased competition for dependable movers and moving companies during peak seasons, prices may increase substantially; you should plan for higher expenses than during an off-peak time frame when planning your move.
- Limited Availability: While more moving companies may be available during peak season, their schedules often fill quickly - so booking well ahead is important to ensure you receive your preferred service date.
- Heavy Traffic: Summer vacations and increased road trips may result in heavier traffic that might delay your move. So, you must plan your route carefully to account for potential delays and plan your journey with enough time for possible disruptions.
- Competent Real Estate Market: When purchasing your new home during peak seasons, competition for properties may increase exponentially and could mean higher prices or difficulty finding your ideal residence.
- Overcrowded Storage Facilities: If you require temporary storage for your belongings, be aware that storage facilities can become overcrowded during peak seasons. Booking in advance to reserve space.
Are You Moving at Peak Season?
Now that we've explored both sides of moving during peak season let's consider whether it would benefit your specific circumstances.
- Consider Your Budget: Moving during the peak season may not be ideal due to increased costs associated with hiring professional movers and moving services; however, if budget constraints are less of a primary concern, moving during this time may provide greater rewards than increased expenses.
- Evaluate Your Flexibility: Deliberating upon when and where to move often depends on how flexible one's schedule is. Peak season could be your only option if limited flexibility exists due to work or other obligations. Still, you might discover better rates and availability by making necessary changes during off-peak times than during high seasons.
- Families With School-Age Children: Parents looking to move during peak season typically opt for moving during this period to avoid disrupting their child's education. Moving during this time may be your best bet.
- Weather Considerations: To make the move as safe and comfortable as possible, especially during harsh winter seasons, peak moving season offers more suitable weather conditions, which could result in your journey being safer and smoother.
- Job Relocation: When moving for job relocation purposes, your employer's timeline could dictate when and where to move you; in such instances, you may have limited control of when and where your move should occur.
National Movers understands the difficulty and stress of moving during peak seasons, so our knowledgeable team strives to offer efficient and dependable moving services at competitive rates. From managing schedules efficiently to offering competitive rates - National Movers' professional moving team strives to ensure a hassle-free move experience!